Travel Speech Language Pathologist SLP Battle Creek MI (#8814)
What’s Great About This Job?
This Travel Speech Language Pathologist SLP Battle Creek MI is in a beautiful facility that provides both long term and short-term care. This facility has received awards for its caring atmosphere, environmental awareness, and referral and admission history. Instead of using a sub contractor for therapy services, this Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility hires it’s own therapy professionals. This facility’s in house therapy team provides Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy Services for residents in both out patient and inpatient settings.
Give this SLP Travel Job a try, and if you like it, become a permanent employee! This Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Job is open to either a Travel or Temp to Perm Speech Therapist.
Job Description for Travel Speech Language Pathologist SLP Battle Creek MI:
This Travel Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Job is responsible for the assessment of referred patients that require treatment for speech, hearing and or language deficits. The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will teach patients how to make sounds, improve their voices, or increase their oral or written language skills to communicate more effectively. Also, the Speech Language Pathologist / SLP will teach individuals how to strengthen muscles or use compensatory strategies to swallow without choking or inhaling food or liquid.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school.
- Must have CCCs
- Current state license as a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP or proactively in the process of the application process for current state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP.
- Current CPR certification.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care for each patient.
- Provide skilled speech therapy services / interventions in accordance with physician orders.
- Assesses patient needs, plans for, evaluates and modifies care to meet goals of speech therapy interventions.
- Set realistic and achievable goals for patients to develop, or recover, reliable communication and swallowing skills so that the patient can fulfill their educational, vocational and social roles
Apply to this job HERE!