Permanent Home Health Physical Therapist in Battle Creek Michigan
What’s great about this job?
This Permanent Home Health Physical Therapist in Battle Creek Michigan Job is an exceptional opportunity to work for one of the most respected Home Health providers in Michigan. This company has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, which represents their high standard of quality care. As the first and longest operating home healthcare agency in the area, this home health rehabilitation provider has a long tradition of compassionate, patient-centered care.
This client is unique because it provides a wide range of care options, including home care, home health, equipment, and hospice. This Direct Hire Home Health Physical Therapist Job is looking for a physical therapist who will be committed to improving the quality of life for Elders living at home as well as their care partners. This agency does not see the needs of caregivers as separate from the needs of care receivers, but rather advocates for the well being of the whole care partnership.
This Permanent Home Health Physical Therapist in Battle Creek Michigan Job requires the following responsibilities and qualifications:
Plans and provides physical therapy services to clients in their homes in accordance with Plan of Care and Agency policies and procedures. The Physical Therapist performs functions that require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill and must be able to make judgments accordingly.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs physical therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled procedures, and ongoing evaluation for clients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Completes initial assessments within forty-eight (48) hours of referral unless other arrangements are made.
- Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data within forty-eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy services unless other arrangements are made.
- Develops a therapy care plan to provide direction to other health team members involved in the plan of care. Reviews and updates per Agency policy and client need.
- Documents all findings, plans, interventions, and outcomes and submits documentation to the Agency within seven (7) days or per Agency policy.
- Communicates plans and changes to the physician and to the client Case Manager and other caregivers through the care plan, progress notes, and participation in care conferences.
- Communicates changes in schedule and physician orders to the office on the day the changes are made.
2. Implements teaching appropriate to the client’s needs and within the context of his/her environment and learning ability.
- Assesses knowledge level of client and identifies learning needs.
- Plans, teaches, supervises, and counsels clients about their physical therapy needs to promote improvement or recovery, symptom management of disease process, and community resources.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the teaching plan and establishes care plan for others to follow in teaching the client.
3. Attends and actively contributes to interdisciplinary team or other required meetings.
- Shares areas of expertise among and between teams. Initiates interdisciplinary referrals.
- Participates in discharge planning and documents this in client record
4. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the ongoing quality improvement process.
- Serves on the Clinical Record Review Committee, as needed.
- Uses OASIS assessment tool and outcome reports to improve therapy services and client outcomes.
- Participates with interdisciplinary team to assure consistency in data collection methods.
5. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for patients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment
- Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to help prevent accidents and promote safety.
6. Supervises applicable home care team members.
- Performs in-home supervision of home health aides and physical therapy assistants as directed and according to Agency policy.
- Evaluates employee performance and provides timely reviews as delegated.
7. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
8. Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Provides services in accordance with applicable state, federal, CHAP, and Joint Commission standards.
- Attends meetings and required educational programs.
- Accepts responsibility for personal and professional development and identifies learning/developmental needs to supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for this Permanent Home Health Physical Therapist in Battle Creek Michigan:
- Required Certifications, Registration or Licensure
- Valid State of Michigan’s Physical Therapist License
- Valid State of Michigan’s Driver’s License
- Current auto insurance
- Current CPR certification.
Required: Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association
Experience: One year of experience in the home health care setting is preferred, but all candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with patients/clients, associates, and all other customers
- Ability to work within a diverse team