Before becoming a traveling therapist, it’s important to know what you’re looking for, the benefits of traveling and where you want to go.
It’s helpful to look at statistics on the salary, number of jobs posted and even the cost of living for a specific state; but that’s what your recruiter is here for.
Travel Therapy Jobs open and close, sometimes in a matter of minutes! You can find out how many jobs are posted in various states by searching our job board. Although we update our jobs every day, some of our clients don’t notify us when their jobs are full. If the job that you applied to is closed, don’t worry…new ones open daily. Our recruiters will run a quick search and let you know about any travel therapy jobs that might interest you.
Benefits of travel therapy:
- You get to Travel! Travel, sightsee, and go on adventures; as well as enjoy a new job! It is like a mini-vacation each weekend.
- Flexibility. Create your own schedule and decide when you want to work. Most assignments last 13 weeks, so you don’t have to commit to one position for the rest of your life. Many travel therapists enjoy extended vacations between their assignments
- Build your confidence, and your resume, by gaining experience in a variety of settings. Travel Therapists experience a variety of disciplines by accepting placements in various settings. Floating between settings becomes a piece of cake after you have worked as a traveling therapist.
- Figure out where you want to specialize. Working as a travel therapist gives you a chance to experiment with different settings and patient populations. Once you have figured out your niche, you can settle down with a permanent employer.
- Tax advantages. Because who wouldn’t want to get a portion of their pay TAX-FREE!? Did you know that if you travel more than 50 miles from your permanent residence for a position, you are eligible for a tax-free stipend that covers meals and housing? Awesome, right? We explain more about tax advantages in this Spotlight video.
One of our owners, Devin DeBoer, who has worked as a traveling therapist in over 18 placements shares some of his experiences and insights in this article.
And of course, our recruiters are available to answer any other questions you might have.
Just pick up the phone and give us a call! 616-741-4165 / [email protected]